--===============1789324182==

------=_NextPart_000_02C9_01C89401.314DCE80

Wasted too much time trying to get this working.

I'm trying to configure proftpd to have 'anonymous' and 'ftp' to upload
files and then a defined user to log in and retrieve files.

I can use Defaultroot to change the directory that the logged in user is
bound to but the 'anon' and 'ftp' seem unaffected by anything I might
specify using the directive.

Anything glaringly wrong here? This is part of the .config file as
installed.

User ftp

Group ftp

AllowForeignAddress on

DirFakeUser on

DirFakeGroup on

# We want clients to be able to login with "anonymous" as well as "ftp"

UserAlias anonymous ftp

# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins

MaxClients 5 "Sorry,
max %m users -- try again later"

# We want '.welcome' displayed at login, and '.message' displayed

# in each newly chdired directory.

DisplayLogin .welcome

DisplayFirstChdir .message

DenyAll

AllowAll

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

Terry Owen

Nortek AS

www.nortek-as.com

+47 67 17 45 44

------=_NextPart_000_02C9_01C89401.314DCE80

xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

Wasted too much time trying to get this =
working.>>

I’m trying to configure proftpd to have =
‘anonymous’
and ‘ftp’ to upload files and then a defined user to log in =
and
retrieve files.>>

I can use Defaultroot to change the directory that =
the logged
in user is bound to but the ‘anon’ and ‘ftp’ =
seem
unaffected by anything I might specify using the <directory> =
directive.>>

Anything glaringly wrong here? This is part of the =
..config
file as installed.>>

<Anonymous ~ftp>>>

  =
User           &nb=
sp;           &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;            =
    =
ftp          =

  =
Group           &n=
bsp;           &nb=
sp;           &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
; ftp>>

  =
AllowForeignAddress         =
          on>>

  =
DirFakeUser          &n=
bsp;           &nb=
sp;           &nbs=
p;  on>>

  =
DirFakeGroup          &=
nbsp;           &n=
bsp;           =
on>>

  # We want clients to be able to login with
"anonymous" as well as "ftp">>

  =
UserAlias          &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;            =
        anonymous
ftp>>

  # Limit the maximum number of anonymous =
logins>>

  =
MaxClients          &nb=
sp;           &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;    =
5            =
  "Sorry,
max %m users -- try again later">>

  # We want '.welcome' displayed at login, and
'.message' displayed>>

  # in each newly chdired =
directory.>>

  =
DisplayLogin          &=
nbsp;           &n=
bsp;           &nb=
sp;  .welcome>>

  =
DisplayFirstChdir         &n=
bsp;           &nb=
sp;      .message>>

  <Directory =
/home/ftp/incoming>>>

    <Limit =
READ>>>

      =
DenyAll>>

    </Limit>>>

    <Limit =
STOR>>>

      =
AllowAll>>

    </Limit>>>

  </Directory>>>

</Anonymous>>>

All help gratefully received.>>

Thanks>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>*************=
***************************>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Terry
Owen
Roman","serif"'>>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Nortek
AS
BT"'>>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'> href=3D"http://www.nortek-as.com"> style=3D'color:blue'>www.nortek-as.com>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>+47
67 17 45 44

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>*************=

------=_NextPart_000_02C9_01C89401.314DCE80--

just about anything Open Source.