Hi Rob,

Well my tip would be to setup debugging to find out where the issue is.

Your NFS mount (as you have also stated) should work w/ the 'intr' option

Next you might want to fix it so the NFS server keeps responding

Rob Epping wrote:
> proftp-user-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net <> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> We have a proftpd server where some users have their home-directory
>> located on a NFS-drive.
>> When the NFS-server does not respond the whole proftp freezes and even
>> users with a local home-directory can not login on FTP anymore.
>> Accessing the server with SSH works just fine and everything works
>> as long as the NFS share is not accessed.
>> Is there a way to keep proftpd responding when NFS fails?
>> I thought the intr mount option would achieve this, but apparently
>> it does not.
>> Some details on the proftpd server:
>> Debian Sarge
>> kernel 2.6.18
>> proftpd 1.3.0
>> all Debian packages.
>> mount options: nfs (rw,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,addr=a.b.c.d)
>> RobJE

> Is there nobody who has any tips, qlues or anything?????
> Am I the only one with this issue?
> RobJE

[ Queldor ]
(Warning: This message may cause you to understand something)

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?