<> wrote:
> Hi list,
> We have a proftpd server where some users have their home-directory
> located on a NFS-drive.
> When the NFS-server does not respond the whole proftp freezes and even
> users with a local home-directory can not login on FTP anymore.
> Accessing the server with SSH works just fine and everything works
> as long as the NFS share is not accessed.
> Is there a way to keep proftpd responding when NFS fails?
> I thought the intr mount option would achieve this, but apparently
> it does not.
> Some details on the proftpd server:
> Debian Sarge
> kernel 2.6.18
> proftpd 1.3.0
> all Debian packages.
> mount options: nfs (rw,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,addr=a.b.c.d)
> RobJE

Is there nobody who has any tips, qlues or anything?????

Am I the only one with this issue?

Home is near Enter. ((c) RonA)
Tel: +31 - 317 - 399800 s-mail: P.O. box 617
Fax: +31 - 317 - 423164 6700 AP Wageningen
MailTo: WWW:

This e-mail is from Meteo Consult B.V., a MeteoGroup company. For more information, see

This e-mail may contain confidential information. Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of MeteoGroup.

Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.

This email is sponsored by: Microsoft
ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?