I am trying to add MySQL auth to my proftpd conf.

My virtual hosts without the MySQL stuff work just fine.

Here is the VirtualHost that dies, when I add the SQL info

#### Domain.com ####

DefaultRoot /opt/lampp/htdocs/domain.com
AllowOverwrite on
Port 1050

SQLAuthTypes Plaintext
SQLAuthenticate users*
SQLConnectInfo proftp@localhost dbuser password
SQLUserInfo ftp username password NULL NULL NULL NULL
SQLDefaultHomedir /opt/lampp/htdocs/domain.com

My DB is called 'proftp' and is built as follows:

username varchar(30)
password varchar(30)

When I attempt to connect to the server for this domain I get the following:

# ftp www.domain.com 1050
Connected to domain.com.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

If you need more info, please ask.

Adam Barrett

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?