--===============1016065670==

------=_Part_11506_4136616.1205179196639

Hmm this is a weird one. I have compiled 1.3.0a with the following options
under Debian Sarge:
--with-modules=mod_sql:mod_sql_mysql --with-libraries=/usr/local/mysql/lib
--with-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql --prefix=/usr/local/proftpd

** My configuration file looks like this:
# This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file (rename it to
# 'proftpd.conf' for actual use. It establishes a single server
# and a single anonymous login. It assumes that you have a user/group
# "nobody" and "ftp" for normal operation and anon.

ServerName "Debian"
ServerType standalone
DeferWelcome on

ShowSymlinks on
MultilineRFC2228 on
DefaultServer on
ShowSymlinks on
AllowOverwrite on

TimeoutNoTransfer 600
TimeoutStalled 600
TimeoutIdle 1200

DisplayLogin welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir .message
#LsDefaultOptions "-l"

# DenyFilter \*.*/

PassivePorts 4200 4300

# Resume Downloads
AllowRetrieveRestart on

AllowStoreRestart on
AllowOverwrite on

SQLAuthenticate users* groups* usersetfast groupsetfast
SQLConnectInfo proftpd@localhost xxx xxx PERSESSION
SQLAuthTypes Crypt Backend Plaintext
SQLGroupInfo FTP_GROUPS GROUPNAME FTP_GROUP_ID MEMBERS
SQLHomeDirOnDemand on
SQLUserInfo FTP_USERS USERNAME PASSWORD FTP_USER_ID FTP_GROUP_ID
HOME_DIRECTORY SHELL
SQLMinUserUID 33

DefaultRoot ~

# Uncomment this if you are using NIS or LDAP to retrieve passwords:
PersistentPasswd off

# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port 21

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd)
MaxInstances 30

# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.
User proftpd
Group proftpd

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
# (second parm) from being group and world writable.
#Umask 022 022
Umask 002 002

AllowOverwrite on

CreateHome on 770 skel /etc/skel/ftpd

** The skel directory looks like this:
ftp:/# tree -a /etc/skel/ftpd/
/etc/skel/ftpd/
`-- .trash

However, when I create a user and login the skeleton directory is not
copied. I have even turned off CreateHome with "CreateHome off" yet the
directory is still created. Did I do something wrong here?

[...]

<Directory /*>
  # Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
  # (second parm) from being group and world writable.
  #Umask                022  022

  Umask                    002  002

  AllowOverwrite        on
</Directory>