Ken Johanson wrote:
> Hi, seems I cannot compile on FC8 (conf'd with ldap support). I'm
> presuming llber is a basic-encoding-rules lib but I do not know what
> provides it? I have all openldap libs installed to my knowledge. Can
> anyone help please?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ken
>
> ./configure --with-modules=mod_ldap:mod_vroot:mod_tls:mod_exec
> --enable-dso --enable-openssl --enable-auth-pam --enable-facl
> --enable-openssl

[snip]

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llber

Solved, the configure process is adding an extraneous char (0x0D) after
the -llber arg (in the LIBS variable in Make.rules). Removing that
allows the linker to find the lib.

I believe this may be a bug in the proftpd configure system, libtool,
etc, although I'm speculating because my configure-script skills are
lacking (understatement).