Hi list,

We have a proftpd server where some users have their home-directory
located on a NFS-drive.

When the NFS-server does not respond the whole proftp freezes and even
users with a local home-directory can not login on FTP anymore.

Accessing the server with SSH works just fine and everything works
as long as the NFS share is not accessed.

Is there a way to keep proftpd responding when NFS fails?
I thought the intr mount option would achieve this, but apparently
it does not.

Some details on the proftpd server:
Debian Sarge
kernel 2.6.18
proftpd 1.3.0
all Debian packages.

mount options: nfs (rw,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,addr=a.b.c.d)

GRTNX,
RobJE
--
Home is near Enter. ((c) RonA)
Tel: +31 - 317 - 399800 s-mail: P.O. box 617

--

This e-mail is from Meteo Consult B.V., a MeteoGroup company. For more information, see http://www.weer.nl/gebruiksvoorwaarden.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of MeteoGroup.

Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.