What is generally considered the best way (or ways) to get proftpd to
output FTP command events so that other apps can receive them? I'm
looking for a high-level solution, something that would synchronously or
asynchronously (preferred) invoke a http URL (GET or POST) so that an
application server can receive the event.

What I've seen so far seems only to be the 'mod_exec' module, though I'd
prefer something more secure and possibly built-in. My best idea so far
is to use mod_exec's ExecOnCommand directive and register to receive all
events, then pass those as args to wget.

ExecOnCommand READ,WRITE wget http://appserver/cgi?user=%u&file=%f

All the log modules I've come across only seem to support syslog or
regular text file logging...

Thanks,
Ken