--===============1902402990==

------=_Part_21113_9682769.1201864585419

dear list,

My site have an ftp server using pureftpd. The authentication is using LDAP,
and it goes fine. The conf. syntax for ldap auth is below :
----- pureftpd conf for ldap :
LDAPServer ldap.example
LDAPPort 389
LDAPBaseDN ou=people,dc=ldap, dc=example
LDAPBindDN cn=manager,dc=ldap, dc=example
LDAPBindPW
LDAPFilter (&(userStatus=students)(userUid=\L))
LDAPHomeDir userEmailHome
-------

I want to build another ftp server using proftpd, but the ldap
authentication method is similar like above. My proftpd configuration for
ldap authentication is :
AuthOrder mod_auth_unix.c mod_ldap.c
LDAPServer ldap.example
LDAPDNInfo "cn=manager,dc=ldap, dc=example"
"passwordForManager"
LDAPDoAuth on "ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=example"
"(&(userStatus=students)(userUid=\L))"
LDAPAuthBinds on
RequireValidShell off
LDAPDefaultGID 99
LDAPDefaultUID 99

But I always got authentication error. I suspect there is still something
wrong with my configuration, but I don't know where. The 'ServerLog' itself
doesn't tell me much about the error. So guys, where is my configuration
error from the mapping above?

Thanks a lot for your response!

[...]

LDAPDoAuth                     on "ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=example" "(&(userStatus=students)(userUid=\L))"