--===============0093277075==

--=====================_10513687==.ALT

At 03:12 PM 1/13/2008, Jorge Bastos - Decimal wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using the last version of filezilla version 3.x for windows.
>I've setted the keep alive option to keep the connection active, the
>client is sending to the server the command "NOOP", but the server
>still disconnects in 600 seconds (what it is configured for).
>Should it stay alive with the noop command?

You might want to look at the "TimeoutNoTransfer" configuration
option. That says what timeout to use if the remote user has not
done a transfer command, like 'get' or 'dir'.

Some FTP clients use any from a set of commands, such as "NOOP",
"TYPE I", "TYPE A", "PWD", to give the appearance of activity. I
hate that - it fills up my logs when someone forgets their session.

This is the block of timeout values that I use, my values with the
defaults in comments:
# Set timeouts longer than defaults for NoTransfer and Idle
# These values apply to both primary and virtual servers.
TimeoutLogin 300 # default 300
TimeoutSession 0 # default 0
TimeoutNoTransfer 1900 # default 300
TimeoutIdle 1830 # default 600
TimeoutStalled 3600 # default 3600

So what do you have your "TimeoutIdle" and "TimeoutNoTransfer" values
set to? Is your TimeoutNoTransfer set to 600?

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_016E_01C85629.109E0B20"

[...]

just about anything Open Source.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216...et/marketplace