--===============0743841598==

--------------050108090202050302040501

DelayEngine off

Yes that fixed it up. Thanks for the help.

I didn't think it relevant so didn't mention it - the ftp server is a
virtual - I'm using Virtuozzo.

I haven't checked yet but i'd assume that Virtuozzo is mounting my
virtual filesytem as no-exec.

I'll be moving the /ftp directory to shared storage (ie a different
filesytem) in a month or so, so I may change this setting back.

Is this setting just to guard against hacking - ie there are no other
implications of not using it?

Also can you tell me (or point me to info on) what a DelayTable is?

>> $ proftpd -V
>> Compile-time Settings:
>> Version: 1.3.0
>> Platform: LINUX
>> Built With:
>> configure linux gnu
>>

> I find this very interesting, since your configure options don't include
> any special command-line options, but...
>

> ...some of these features, such as IPv6 support, DSO support, and
> developer support are only enabled when special configure command-line
> options are used. Either things are not quite as they look, or the
> proftpd package you are running has been tweaked from the original
> distribution (in which case, I can offer no help without knowing what
> those non-standard modifications were).

nope, I installed proftpd from the Ubuntu repositories.

Thanks again for the help

Douglas Walker
Systems Administrator
Jones Coulter Young Architects
321 Murray St, Perth
WA, 6000

--------------050108090202050302040501

 <IfModule mod_delay.c>
DelayEngine off
</IfModule>

Yes that fixed it up. Thanks for the help.

I didn't think it relevant so didn't mention it  - the ftp server is a
virtual - I'm using Virtuozzo.

I haven't checked yet but i'd assume that Virtuozzo is mounting my
virtual filesytem as no-exec.

I'll be moving the /ftp directory to shared storage (ie a different
filesytem) in a month or so, so I may change this setting back.

Is this setting just to guard against hacking  - ie there are no other
implications of not using it?

Also can you tell me (or point me to info on) what a DelayTable is?

cite="mid:Pine.LNX.4.58.0801032032120.1016@mercury.skyne tbb.com"
type="cite">