--===============1039470389==

--=====================_502708718==.ALT

At 09:18 AM 1/2/2008, Dustin Ward wrote:
>I am running proftpd on two ports, 2121, 2122. Port 2121 houses my
>anonymous ftp, and port 2122 houses regular ftp.
>
>Port mode seems to be broken when running off of the same ip address
>with different ports. Port mode will hang when connecting to the 2122,
>but will work perfectly when connecting to port 2121.
>
>If I change the port 2122 to port 2120, port mode will then function on
>that port, but not 2121. It appears that it will only work on the lowest
>numbered port.
>
>If this doesn't make any sense, I have posted my configuration below.
>
>Thanks for any help!

Running out the door so didn't really look at the configuration (or
read the text above enough) but I think that FTP servers will always
want the specified port and the one below that (N-1). So for normal
FTP it'd want 21 and 20. How about trying to use ports 2121 and
2123, thus leaving 2120 and 2122 for the magic stuff?

> [...]

ServerAdmin
root@test.com

SyslogFacility
DAEMON

SyslogLevel
info

MaxInstances
200

Port
0

TimeoutLogin
30

TimeoutIdle
600

TimeoutNoTransfer       600

TimeoutStalled
600

LogFormat
default "%h %l %L %t \"%r %U [%v]\" %A %b %D %f

%F %m"

UseReverseDNS
off

ScoreboardFile /var/proftpd/proftpd.scoreboard

<Global>

~

 DeferWelcome
on

 DisplayLogin
ftp_welcomes/.welcome

 MaxLoginAttempts       2

 MaxClientsPerHost      10 "You cannot
connect more than 5 times from

the same host."

 MaxClients
30 "Sorry, the maximum number of allowed users

are already connected."

 MaxHostsPerUser        15
"You cannot connect more than 10 times using

the same account."

 PassivePorts
40000 40050

 DenyFilter