--===============0113433173==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83C03.69EE691D

I have a Quantum/Adaptec Snapserver 4400, whose OS seems to be Red Hat
of some vintage. It is running ProFTPd 1.2.9, and it is configured by
default so that when you connect it says:=20

Connected to 10.11.1.2.

220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (Snap Appliance FTP Server) [ftp1.foobar.net]

User (10.11.1.2none)):

How do I configure ProFTPd so that it displays a less-revealing and
different greeting? For that matter, how do I make ProFTPd pay
attention to the proftpd.conf file? I found /etc/proftpd.conf and
edited it, and I created a welcome.msg in the same directory, but the
settings don't seem to change anything when I edit the file. When I
restart the Snapserver, the changes disappear. Any ideas?

TIA

Brain

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83C03.69EE691D

xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

[...]

Brain>>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83C03.69EE691D--