--===============1437664126==

--=====================_543783546==.ALT

At 10:55 PM 11/19/2007, Jake Conk wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have proftpd configured to query my mysql database for its users and
>quotas but its also allowing users I created in my /etc/passwd file
>which I do not want. Is there a way to configure proftpd to not read
>in the users from my passwd file and only authenticate users from the
>mysql database?

What happens if you use configuration directive
AuthOrder mod_sql.c

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directiv...AuthOrder.html

Because this explicitly mentions the SQL authentication, and omits
the default mod_auth_unix.c authentication, it should stop using the
passwd file and only do authentication from your SQL database.

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directives/linked/config_ref_AuthOrder.html