--===============2045444450==

------=_Part_14565_19065471.1195507491782

This is kind of an aside, but if you are using Ubuntu for the server, make
sure that you are using Gutsy Gibbon, as the combination of proftpd and
mysql on Feisty Fawn was attrocious. It would start up fine, and then after
about a day or so, it would just grind to a slow crawl... We upgraded our
server to the latest, and it has been running fine since.
Mike

On Nov 17, 2007 11:19 AM, Peter Gordon wrote:

> I have a site with up to 1000 users. I would like to use proftpd and
> mysql to control access to a group of users.
>
> Below is an example of the block that I use for each user. The problem
> at the moment is that startup is getting to be too slow. Going to mysql
> should speed things up.
>
> Besides installing mysql and proftpd, what sort of setup do I need for
> mysql?
>
> Here is an example of one of the files I am using at the moment.
> Also, is it possible to mix conf files and database files, so that some
> users are defined in conf files, and others in the database.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter
>

> User user
> Group user
> UserAlias username user
> UserPassword user password
> DirFakeUser on
> DirFakeGroup on
> AnonRequirePassword on
> AllowOverwrite off
>
> DenyAll
>

> AllowAll
>

> HideNoAccess on
>
> IgnoreHidden on
> DenyAll

> Followed by hundreds of similar Anonymous blocks

--=20
Peace may sound simple=97one beautiful word=97 but it requires everything w=
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
=97Yehudi Menuhin (1916=961999), musician

------=_Part_14565_19065471.1195507491782

This is kind of an aside, but if you are using Ubuntu for the server, make =
sure that you are using Gutsy Gibbon, as the combination of proftpd and mys=
ql on Feisty Fawn was attrocious. It would start up fine, and then after ab=
out a day or so, it would just grind to a slow crawl... We upgraded our ser=
ver to the latest, and it has been running fine since.

Mike

<=
div>
On Nov 17, 2007 11:19 AM, Peter Gordon &=
lt;eter@pg-consultants.com">peter@pg-consultants.com=
> wrote:

t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">I have a site with up to 1000 users. I =
would like to use proftpd and
mysql to control access to a group of user=
s.

Below is an example of the block that I use for each user. The prob=
lem
at the moment is that startup is getting to be too slow. Going to my=
sql
should speed things up.

Besides installing mysql and proftpd,=
what sort of setup do I need for

mysql?

Here is an example of one of the files I am using at the =
moment.
Also, is it possible to mix conf files and database files, so th=
at some
users are defined in conf files, and others in the database.

Thanks

Peter

<Anonymous ~user>
 User &=
nbsp;                    =
   user
 Group           &nbsp=
;             user
 UserAlias  =
                  username &n=
bsp; user
 UserPassword             =
     user   password

 DirFakeUser               &nb=
sp;   on
 DirFakeGroup           &nb=
sp;      on
 AnonRequirePassword     &nbs=
p;     on
 AllowOverwrite         &n=
bsp;      off
 <Limit WRITE>
  &nbsp=
;DenyAll
 </Limit>
 <Limit LOGIN>

   AllowAll
 </Limit>
 <Directory=
/dir1>
   HideNoAccess on
   <Limit ALL&=
gt;
     IgnoreHidden on
     DenyAll=

   </Limit>
 </Directory>
...=

</Anonymous>
Followed by hundreds of similar Anonymous blocks
<=
br>

Defy a=
ll challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.

get=3D"_blank">http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/<=
br>_______________________________________________
ProFTPD Users List &n=
bsp; <
roftpd-users@proftpd.org">proftpd-users@proftpd.org&=
gt;
Unsubscribe problems?
b.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.proftpd.org/list-unsub.html
lockquote>

--
Peace may sound simple=97one beautif=
ul word=97 but it requires everything we have, every quality, every strengt=