s@lists.sourceforge.net] De la part de Matthias Leopold
> Envoy=E9 : vendredi 16 novembre 2007 16:17
> =C0 : proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Objet : Re: [Proftpd-user] ident lookup problems
> =

> service ftp
> {
> socket_type =3D stream
> wait =3D no
> user =3D root
> server =3D /usr/local/proftpd-1.3.1_1/sbin/in.pr=

oftpd
> bind =3D x.x.x.x
> log_on_success +=3D DURATION USERID
> log_on_failure +=3D USERID
> nice =3D 10
> disable =3D no
> }
> =

> HAMMER C=E9dric Ext ROSI/DPS schrieb:
>> Could you give the inetd conf file for this service ? =

e in debug log output tells me "ident lookup disabled", but ident lookups d=
o happen nevertheless (visible through tcpdump). this happens with 1.3.0a a=
nd 1.3.1. since turning ident lookups off works on another server, the prob=
lem must be in the configuration. my configuration file is appended below. =
in how far is the order of the directives important?

>> thx for advice
>> matthias
>>

>> ServerName "xxx"
>> ServerIdent on "FTP Server ready."
>> ServerAdmin root@localhost
>> ServerType inetd
>> DefaultServer on
>> AccessGrantMsg "User %u logged in."
>> DeferWelcome off
>> PassivePorts xxx xxx
>> AuthUserFile /etc/ftpusers
>> SystemLog /var/log/proftpd.log
>> SyslogLevel debug
>> ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd.log.extended
>> DebugLevel 7
>> DefaultRoot ~/www ldapcustomers
>> DefaultRoot ~ ftpaccount
>> IdentLookups off
>> UseReverseDNS off
>> Port 21
>> Umask 022
>> AllowRetrieveRestart on
>> AllowStoreRestart on
>> MaxInstances 20
>> User nobody
>> Group nobody
>> UseSendfile no
>> ScoreboardFile /var/run/proftpd.score
>>
>> AllowOverwrite yes
>>
>> AllowAll
>>

>> LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
>> LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"

> =

> =

> *********************************
> This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and int=

ended solely for the addressees. =

> Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.
> Messages are susceptible to alteration. =

> France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, chan=

ged or falsified.
> If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it i=

mmediately and inform the sender.
> =

-- =

Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen

Matthias Leopold
System & Network Administration

Streams Telecommunications GmbH
Universitaetsstrasse 10/7, 1090 Vienna, Austria

tel: +43 1 40159113
fax: +43 1 40159300