Are you using xinetd ? =

-----Message d'origine-----
De : proftp-user-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailtoroftp-user-bounces@=
lists.sourceforge.net] De la part de Matthias Leopold
Envoy=E9 : vendredi 16 novembre 2007 16:17
=C0 : proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Proftpd-user] ident lookup problems

service ftp
{
socket_type =3D stream
wait =3D no
user =3D root
server =3D /usr/local/proftpd-1.3.1_1/sbin/in.prof=
tpd
bind =3D x.x.x.x
log_on_success +=3D DURATION USERID
log_on_failure +=3D USERID
nice =3D 10
disable =3D no
}

HAMMER C=E9dric Ext ROSI/DPS schrieb:
> Could you give the inetd conf file for this service ? =

> =

> =

in debug log output tells me "ident lookup disabled", but ident lookups do=
happen nevertheless (visible through tcpdump). this happens with 1.3.0a an=
d 1.3.1. since turning ident lookups off works on another server, the probl=
em must be in the configuration. my configuration file is appended below. i=
n how far is the order of the directives important?
> =

> thx for advice
> matthias
> =

> =

> ServerName "xxx"
> ServerIdent on "FTP Server ready."
> ServerAdmin root@localhost
> ServerType inetd
> DefaultServer on
> AccessGrantMsg "User %u logged in."
> DeferWelcome off
> PassivePorts xxx xxx
> AuthUserFile /etc/ftpusers
> SystemLog /var/log/proftpd.log
> SyslogLevel debug
> ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd.log.extended
> DebugLevel 7
> DefaultRoot ~/www ldapcustomers
> DefaultRoot ~ ftpaccount
> IdentLookups off
> UseReverseDNS off
> Port 21
> Umask 022
> AllowRetrieveRestart on
> AllowStoreRestart on
> MaxInstances 20
> User nobody
> Group nobody
> UseSendfile no
> ScoreboardFile /var/run/proftpd.score
>
> AllowOverwrite yes
>
> AllowAll
>

> LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
> LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and inten=
ded solely for the addressees. =

Messages are susceptible to alteration. =

France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, change=
d or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it imm=
ediately and inform the sender.