service ftp
{
socket_type =3D stream
wait =3D no
user =3D root
server =3D /usr/local/proftpd-1.3.1_1/sbin/in.prof=
tpd
bind =3D x.x.x.x
log_on_success +=3D DURATION USERID
log_on_failure +=3D USERID
nice =3D 10
disable =3D no
}

s@lists.sourceforge.net] De la part de Matthias Leopold
> Envoy=E9 : vendredi 16 novembre 2007 15:19
> =C0 : proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Objet : [Proftpd-user] ident lookup problems
> =

> hi,
> =

> i'm having problems with unwanted ident lookups.
> the proftpd.conf directive "IdentLookups" IS set to "off". the first line=

in debug log output tells me "ident lookup disabled", but ident lookups do=
happen nevertheless (visible through tcpdump). this happens with 1.3.0a an=
d 1.3.1. since turning ident lookups off works on another server, the probl=
em must be in the configuration. my configuration file is appended below. i=
n how far is the order of the directives important?
> =

> thx for advice
> matthias
> =

> =

> ServerName "xxx"
> ServerIdent on "FTP Server ready."
> ServerAdmin root@localhost
> ServerType inetd
> DefaultServer on
> AccessGrantMsg "User %u logged in."
> DeferWelcome off
> PassivePorts xxx xxx
> AuthUserFile /etc/ftpusers
> SystemLog /var/log/proftpd.log
> SyslogLevel debug
> ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd.log.extended
> DebugLevel 7
> DefaultRoot ~/www ldapcustomers
> DefaultRoot ~ ftpaccount
> IdentLookups off
> UseReverseDNS off
> Port 21
> Umask 022
> AllowRetrieveRestart on
> AllowStoreRestart on
> MaxInstances 20
> User nobody
> Group nobody
> UseSendfile no
> ScoreboardFile /var/run/proftpd.score
>
> AllowOverwrite yes
>
> AllowAll
>

> LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
> LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"
> =

> =

> =

> *********************************
> This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and int=

ended solely for the addressees. =

> Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.
> Messages are susceptible to alteration. =

> France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, chan=

ged or falsified.
> If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it i=

mmediately and inform the sender.
> =

-- =

Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen

Matthias Leopold
System & Network Administration

Streams Telecommunications GmbH
Universitaetsstrasse 10/7, 1090 Vienna, Austria

tel: +43 1 40159113
fax: +43 1 40159300