Could you give the inetd conf file for this service ? =

-----Message d'origine-----
De : proftp-user-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailtoroftp-user-bounces@=
lists.sourceforge.net] De la part de Matthias Leopold
Envoy=E9 : vendredi 16 novembre 2007 15:19
=C0 : proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : [Proftpd-user] ident lookup problems

hi,

i'm having problems with unwanted ident lookups.
the proftpd.conf directive "IdentLookups" IS set to "off". the first line i=
n debug log output tells me "ident lookup disabled", but ident lookups do h=
appen nevertheless (visible through tcpdump). this happens with 1.3.0a and =
1.3.1. since turning ident lookups off works on another server, the problem=
must be in the configuration. my configuration file is appended below. in =
how far is the order of the directives important?

thx for advice
matthias

ServerName "xxx"
ServerIdent on "FTP Server ready."
ServerAdmin root@localhost
ServerType inetd
DefaultServer on
AccessGrantMsg "User %u logged in."
DeferWelcome off
PassivePorts xxx xxx
AuthUserFile /etc/ftpusers
SystemLog /var/log/proftpd.log
SyslogLevel debug
ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd.log.extended
DebugLevel 7
DefaultRoot ~/www ldapcustomers
DefaultRoot ~ ftpaccount
IdentLookups off
UseReverseDNS off
Port 21
Umask 022
AllowRetrieveRestart on
AllowStoreRestart on
MaxInstances 20
User nobody
Group nobody
UseSendfile no
ScoreboardFile /var/run/proftpd.score

AllowOverwrite yes

AllowAll

LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and inten=
ded solely for the addressees. =

Messages are susceptible to alteration. =

France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, change=
d or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it imm=
ediately and inform the sender.