hi,

i'm having problems with unwanted ident lookups.
the proftpd.conf directive "IdentLookups" IS set to "off". the first
line in debug log output tells me "ident lookup disabled", but ident
lookups do happen nevertheless (visible through tcpdump). this happens
with 1.3.0a and 1.3.1. since turning ident lookups off works on another
server, the problem must be in the configuration. my configuration file
is appended below. in how far is the order of the directives important?

thx for advice
matthias

ServerName "xxx"
ServerIdent on "FTP Server ready."
ServerAdmin root@localhost
ServerType inetd
DefaultServer on
AccessGrantMsg "User %u logged in."
DeferWelcome off
PassivePorts xxx xxx
AuthUserFile /etc/ftpusers
SystemLog /var/log/proftpd.log
SyslogLevel debug
ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd.log.extended
DebugLevel 7
DefaultRoot ~/www ldapcustomers
DefaultRoot ~ ftpaccount
IdentLookups off
UseReverseDNS off
Port 21
Umask 022
AllowRetrieveRestart on
AllowStoreRestart on
MaxInstances 20
User nobody
Group nobody
UseSendfile no
ScoreboardFile /var/run/proftpd.score

AllowOverwrite yes

AllowAll

LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"