Hi,

i would like to add an ip acl for one user of my ftp, the other users
don't have to be controlled by any ip acl (the ftp is running for the
moment on only one IP address)

I've seen a simple directive that can be used, according to
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/proftpd
#/web/abcd is the home directory of user "abcd"

Order Allow,Deny
Allow 1.2.3.4
Deny ALL

I've tried to replace "allow" with "allow from", but with no success :
when i add this directive my proftpd.conf then restart, i get an error
"550 PWD: Invalid argument" when i log in with my ftp client with
"abcd", whether i access from IP 1.2.3.4 or not (the other users log in
normally)
I can control access to directories per user without IP control, so I am
at least accustomed to Proftpd's basic directives

Can you help me find the good directives ? Thanks !

For information, my proftpd.conf is :

ServerName "ProFTPD server"
ServerAdmin webmaster@somewhere.com
ServerType standalone
DefaultServer on
DeferWelcome off
DisplayConnect "Welcome on our server"
DisplayLogin "Welcome %U"
ServerIdent on "Welcome on our server"
AccessGrantMsg "Welcome %u"
RequireValidShell off
DefaultRoot ~
AuthPAMConfig proftpd
AuthOrder mod_auth_pam.c* mod_auth_unix.c
IdentLookups off
UseReverseDNS off
Port 21
Umask 000
ListOptions "-a"
RootLogin off
AllowRetrieveRestart on
AllowStoreRestart on
MaxInstances 20
User ftp
Group ftpusers
UseSendfile no
ScoreboardFile /var/run/proftpd.score

AllowOverwrite yes

AllowAll

LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"
ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/access.log WRITE,READ default
ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/auth.log AUTH auth