--===============1110388136==

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C80B83.46EE9000

Hi All=20

I am having an odd problem with ProFTPd on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.

ProFTPd is running in standalone mode, with passive ports specified =
between 30000 and 35000. Other than setting the passive ports, the =
server name, disabling anonymous ftp and setting up a transfer log, the =
proftpd.conf file is all defaults. We have also tried it without setting =
the passive ports.

Basically all is fine until we try to upload large files. When we do, =
the client gets a timeout saying the server forcibly closed the =
connection. The machine does have a firewall on it (iptables) but for =
testing purposes it has been disabled with no change to the problem.

One odd thing is that when the transfer aborts, a ps -ax on the server =
shows the Proftpd SS daemon AND the client connection in STOR mode, even =
though the connection has been aborted. This would lead me to think that =
the firewall cut off the connection, but the firewall is disabled.

I have tried setting the timeouts in proftpd high, as high as 30000 =
seconds with no effect. Also the logs are not showing any errors, either =
in syslog or the connection logging we have setup.

Since the proftpd server still shows the client connection after it has =
aborted (closed forcibly according to the client) I am more than a =
little stumped.

Any ideas anyone?=20

Thanks

Frank Laczko Jr.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C80B83.46EE9000

charset=3Diso-8859-1">

Hi All

I am having an odd problem with ProFTPd =
on Redhat=20
Enterprise Linux 5.

ProFTPd is running in standalone mode, =
with passive=20
ports specified between 30000 and 35000.  Other than setting the =
passive=20
ports, the server name, disabling anonymous ftp and setting up a =
transfer=20
log, the proftpd.conf file is all defaults. We have also tried it =
without=20
setting the passive ports.

Basically all is fine until we try to =
upload large=20
files. When we do, the client gets a timeout saying the server forcibly =
closed=20
the connection. The machine does have a firewall on it (iptables) but =
for=20
testing purposes it has been disabled with no change to the=20
problem.

One odd thing is that when the transfer =
aborts, a=20
ps -ax on the server shows the Proftpd SS daemon AND the client =
connection in=20
STOR mode, even though the connection has been aborted. This would lead =
me to=20
think that the firewall cut off the connection, but the firewall is=20
disabled.

I have tried setting the timeouts in =
proftpd high,=20
as high as 30000 seconds with no effect. Also the logs are not showing =
any=20
errors, either in syslog or the connection logging we have =
setup.

Since the proftpd server still shows =
the client=20
connection after it has aborted (closed forcibly according to the =
client) I am=20
more than a little stumped.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks