> On 09.10.07 13:03, Duncan Crombie wrote:
> > I've just worked out that our xferlog is being written to /var/log/xferlog,
> > but that since and upgrade in April (Debian, stable) that file's not been
> > rotated and instead there are empty log files being created and rotated in
> > /var/log/proftpd/(xferreport, xferlog, proftpd.log, controls.log).

> > So the server itself is running fine, but how do I reconfigure so that the
> > logs are written properly to the /var/log/proftpd/ directory and get rid
> > of /var/log/xferlog altogether?

> You need to configure TransferLog properly.

Ok. I get that much, but it's been running for four years now and the
configuration has never been touched. There are no references to
TransferLog in any .conf files or anywhere else under /etc/ as far as I
can see so I'm assuming it needs to be added to proftpd.conf.

Is it as simple as just adding:

TransferLog /var/log/proftpd/xferlog

We're running proftpd 1.3.0-19 on Debian and the problem started following
an apt-get upgrade earlier in the year which seems to have changed the
logrotate options, but not the TransferLog settings.

And what about the other logfiles in /var/log/proftpd - proftpd.log and
controls.log? Are they all covered by TransferLog or is that a separate
issue?

Thanks.