Hi,

I'm running ProFTPD Version 1.3.1rc2 on gentoo host (Linux genovefa
2.6.21-gentoo-r4 #2 SMP Wed Jul 18 09:15:15 CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux). When remote host try
to access files from my ftp server CPU usage skyrockets to about 99%
and network performance is terribly low - about 3MB max on 100Mbit LAN
network.
My configuration is a simple anonymous ftp server (attached is the
config I use):

--->8---
# cat /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf
# This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file (rename it to
# 'proftpd.conf' for actual use. It establishes a single server
# and a single anonymous login. It assumes that you have a user/group
# "nobody" and "ftp" for normal operation and anon.

ServerName "ProFTPD Default Installation"
ServerType standalone
DefaultServer on
RequireValidShell off
AuthPAM off
AuthPAMConfig ftp
# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port 21

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
Umask 022

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd).
MaxInstances 30

# Set the user and group under which the server will run.
User proftpd
Group proftpd

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.

AllowOverwrite on

# Append/restart enabled
AllowStoreRestart on

# Vedno se prestavi v 'ta400' podmapo ce gre za uporabnika (ne velja
# za anonymous dostop).
## DefaultChdir ta400

# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories.

User ftp
Group ftp

# We want clients to be able to login with "anonymous" as well as "ftp"
UserAlias anonymous ftp

# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
MaxClients 10

# We want 'welcome.msg' displayed at login, and '.message' displayed
# in each newly chdired directory.
DisplayLogin welcome.msg
# DisplayFirstChdir .message
DisplayChdir .message

# Limit WRITE everywhere in the anonymous chroot

AllowAll

AllowAll

--->8---

Is there anything wrong with the configuration?

Regards,
Hinko
--
HK