-----Message d'origine-----
De : proftp-user-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailtoroftp-user-bounces@=
lists.sourceforge.net] De la part de HAMMER C=E9dric Ext ROSI/DPS
Envoy=E9 : mardi 25 septembre 2007 14:59
=C0 : proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Proftpd-user] Transfer pb between CISCO 7200 and proFTPd

>> What does proftpd debug logging show, when the QUIT command is handled?
>> How about trace logging?
>>
>> http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Debugging.html
>> http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Tracing.html

>We did not put the Trace directive ... Sorry, didn't know it.
>We'll configure that, and I'll post a new mail in the next days.

>Thx,
>Ced

Here are the traces:
- tracelog
- dump of what we could get on the CISCO 7600 (debug ip ftp)
- tcpdump to see the paquets coming on the server

As you'll certainly see, it seems the CISCO 7600 sends a QUIT just after th=
e opening of a binary connection, but the server does not take it into acco=
unt ... Just to test, we reduced all the Timeout directives.
Here is the conf about that :

TimeoutLogin 20
TimeoutIdle 10
TimeoutSession 60
TimeoutLinger 3
TimeoutNoTransfer 10
TimeoutStalled 20

Finally, here's what we've seen: the CISCO 7600 (like many other CISCO rout=
ers, we tested many of 'em) open several connections with the server when y=
ou initialise a FTP transfer. But only one of them will work, and the other=
s are actually closed by the eqpt, with an ABOR, ABOR / QUIT, or just a QUI=
T, depending on the IOS (thx CISCO to make such homogeneous things ... it's=
really helpful !).

So in this case, the transfer is working after 4/5 minutes, because of the =
60 seconds TimeoutSession ... (the three or four first are closed after the=
timeout, and the last sucessfully ends).

Any idea on how to manage this ?

Thanks for your help with all this.
Ced

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and inten=
ded solely for the addressees. =

Messages are susceptible to alteration. =

France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, change=
d or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it imm=
ediately and inform the sender.