I've been charged with putting up an ftp site with the following
functionality:

* Regular users can log into their own folder and upload/download all
they want.

* Regular users are chrooted to their own folders but can make subfolders.

* Designated admins can browse, put, and get files from user's root folders.

* No anonymous logins allowed.

I'm having a hard time reconciling how to do this with virtualhosts and
virtual users. I intend to store user and group credentials using the
mod_auth_file module. Is there a name for this particular kind of setup
which would help start me on my path of research? TIA.

-Scott