On Sep 19, 2007, at 9:27 AM, Martin Latal wrote:

> Hi,
> does anyone have any experience with VirtualHost sections in
> proftpd.conf being ignored?
> I have a virtual host host.domain.com and a set of virtual users in
> that section (AuthUserFile, AuthGroupFile).
> I am pretty sure that the user/group files are correct, because if
> I move them into the default server section, I can login with the
> users in them. On the other hand, if I try to ftp to the virtual
> host, I fail to get in (the log says something like "user does not
> exist").
> It looks like the virtualHost section is ignored, even if the
> hostname is exactly the one that I use to log in!
> Thanks for any help, I have been fighting it the last 5 nights
> Martin
> P.S. I am sure the DNS for the given VirtualHost points to the
> correct machine IP - just in case somebody asks

unless virtual host has a different IP than other ftp instances, it
will not work, Virtual Host in FTP not the same as HTTP (ie there is
not host header).

Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer
INOC (http://www.inoc.net)
PGPKEY (http://www.inoc.net/~doon)
Key ID: 0x370D752C

RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?