--===============0530853726==

------=_Part_28244_6487616.1190208463069

Hi,

does anyone have any experience with VirtualHost sections in
proftpd.confbeing ignored?

I have a virtual host host.domain.com and a set of virtual users in that
section (AuthUserFile, AuthGroupFile).
I am pretty sure that the user/group files are correct, because if I move
them into the default server section, I can login with the users in them. On
the other hand, if I try to ftp to the virtual host, I fail to get in (the
log says something like "user does not exist").

It looks like the virtualHost section is ignored, even if the hostname is
exactly the one that I use to log in!

Thanks for any help, I have been fighting it the last 5 nights

Martin

P.S. I am sure the DNS for the given VirtualHost points to the correct
machine IP - just in case somebody asks...