--===============1893427853==

------=_Part_3926_15424390.1185545150447

Hi All,
I recently setup a server with Fedora Core 6 Linux. My FTP server
is proftpd. Now everything's fine except that downloads and uploads via FTP
is taking ages (1minute per Mb!). And this is irritating users. When I use a
Samba share, then downloading and uploading files are almost instantaneous.
Also I switched off proftpd and used vsftpd and it was damn fast.

Although I disabled the "reverse DNS" and used the following configurations:

IdentLookups off
UseReverseDNS off
ListOptions "" maxdepth 3
ListOptions "" maxdirs 10
ListOptions "" maxfiles 1000

Well it's still the same thing. Any clues how to debug?

--
Peter "Excalibur"