> > It looks like 1.3.0 is causing 0-byte tcp connections here, which tend to
> > get blocked...

> I suggest you try one of the proftpd-1.3.1 RC releases.

I'm trying to locate the version that introcuded the fix you're referring
to, but I can't seem to find it, I tried with this:
revision 1.132
date: 2006/08/17 16:05:32; author: castaglia; state: Exp; lines: +15 -20

Fix an issue noticed by Daniel, using lftp (but not ftp).

When handling an NLST command on an empty directory, lftp would receive
a TCP RST from proftpd, rather than the more polite FIN.

but it looks like this still return 2xx code for empty directory, which
results in client trying to connect, which in turn results in client
hanging (and I'm starting to see more of this as some previously
unexplained problems get their explanation with in this single difference)

Can you please point me to a revision which re-introduced 4xx on empty
directory?

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294 05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9