I'm still trying to work the kinks out and get the new proftpd setup.
Got most of it working except I noticed something weird.

Does it throttle connection attempts by default? When i startup and
connect, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. Then if I keep
trying, it won't. Then if i leave it for a minute, then try again, it
will work.

Mark