--===============0436541021==

--=====================_298572687==.ALT

At 11:31 PM 3/27/2007, TJ Saunders wrote:
> > Third question, has anybody tried using mod_rewrite with some of the
> > extended/optional commands, such as "SITE CHMOD" ? It seems to very
> > badly not work, as though the code will always use the original argument
> > texts.

>What sort of "SITE" mod_rewrite configurations have you tried, for my
>testing?

Since I was worrying about anything that might have a path in it, I
was thinking specifically about "SITE CHMOD",
SITE CHMOD mode pathname

Thus I had disgustingly shoddy attempts such as
RewriteCondition %m "^SITE$"
RewriteRule "^(.*) +(.*)" "$1 ${replace:!$2!\\!/}"
and
RewriteRule "^[Cc][Hh][Mm][Oo][Dd] +(.*)" "CHMOD
${replace:!$1!\\!/}"

When testing I'd see total strangeness
ftp> site chmod 600 temp\\arf1
550 temp\arf1: No such file or directory
[27/Mar/2007:18:12:51] "SITE CHMOD 600 temp/arf1" 550 -

ftp> site chmod 600 temp/arf1
200 SITE CHMOD command successful
[27/Mar/2007:18:13:32] "SITE CHMOD " 200 -

So it was as though the rewritten arguments were not being used, and
the logging was of what should have been used, but strange even at
that? I've not turned on the rewrite debugging log yet, or I'd send
you that so as not to trouble you.

This isn't a really big thing, as rewrite working on the major
commands is (I'm pretty sure) going to get us out of a *big* jam. I
*love* mod_rewrite!

>The proftpd internals do some strange gymnastics to handle SITE commands,
>so I'm not at all surprised to hear that mod_rewrite doesn't handle them
>as well as it might...

Heh. Well, maybe when I go back and redo my SITE UTIME patch (email
to you 11/10/2006) I'll think to look how the rewrite aspect fits in.

>TJ

--=====================_298572687==.ALT

At 11:31 PM 3/27/2007, TJ Saunders wrote:

> Third question, has anybody
tried using mod_rewrite with some of the

> extended/optional commands, such as "SITE CHMOD" ?
It seems to very

> badly not work, as though the code will always use the original
argument

> texts.

What sort of "SITE" mod_rewrite configurations have you tried,
for my

testing?

Since I was worrying about anything that might have a path in it, I was
thinking specifically about "SITE CHMOD",

      SITE <sp> CHMOD <sp> mode
<sp> pathname

-