On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 02:27:17PM -0500, Craig N @ MilwaukeeNet wrote:
> My boss wants me to use VFTP, which I have never used I have used proftp
> for 8 years. Other than the clear text passwords, what are the
> comparisons for arguments sake.

What software do you referr to with "VFTP"?

Some pro's of ProFTPD:
- Various modules avaible for various authentication backends
- Includes a good working mod_tls for encryption
- DefaultRoot ~ feature for chrooting your users
(and build in ls etc. pp.)
- Overall flexibility for your configuration

Cheers,
Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive