On Mar 12, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Richard wrote:

> Hello, I have installed Proftpd to use a mysql database.
> The server load is 0.2 ad responds quickly to anything except
> connecting to the FTP which can take up to 10 to 15 seconds... I've
> got another server moninoring my FTP and I keep recieving emails
> saying it is down/up because it times out...
> As soon as I am connected to the FTP everything speeds up again,
> it's just un connection time that is very long !
> Also after a certain time my FTP program deconnects, which is
> normal, but it takes another 10 to 15 secs to reconnect. On another
> server which is not mine the connection to FTP is instantious ...
> Do you have any ideas how I could make the connection faster?
> Oh I almost forgot : My system is running on Debian sarge with the
> proftpd-mysql package ... and Mysql 5.0
> Thanks in advance for any help

Along with what Jorge said, make sure your config file has

#turn off Ident lookups
IdentLookups off

If it does and it is still slow, run in debug and see what is taking
so long.

Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer
INOC (http://www.inoc.net)
PGPKEY (http://www.inoc.net/~doon)
Key ID: 0x370D752C

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never
seen before.

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?