--------------070503000401020308010207

Hello, I have installed Proftpd to use a mysql database.
The server load is 0.2 ad responds quickly to anything except connecting
to the FTP which can take up to 10 to 15 seconds... I've got another
server moninoring my FTP and I keep recieving emails saying it is
down/up because it times out...

As soon as I am connected to the FTP everything speeds up again, it's
just un connection time that is very long !

Also after a certain time my FTP program deconnects, which is normal,
but it takes another 10 to 15 secs to reconnect. On another server which
is not mine the connection to FTP is instantious ...

Do you have any ideas how I could make the connection faster?

Oh I almost forgot : My system is running on Debian sarge with the
proftpd-mysql package ... and Mysql 5.0

Thanks in advance for any help !

--------------070503000401020308010207
filename="Slow ftp connections"