On 16.02.07 22:54, lists.proftpd-users@duinheks.xs4all.nl wrote:
> In my files data base I have symbolic links from real names to all
> uppercase names. Like:
> Latin9.zip -> /home/ftp/pub/msdos/bbs/LATIN9.ZIP
> When people try to get the symbolic link, they get the message:
> file not found [or words to that effect].

do you use the "DefaultRoot ~" directive for users? If so, you need to know
that symbolic links are evaluated relative to current root directory, and
users probably do not have /home/ftp in their directories.

Coouldn't you just use relative names in those symlinks? If not, use
mod_vroot for virtual chroot functionality.

And btw, isn't is LATIN9.ZIP symlink to Latin9.zip ?

> Is it possible to change this behaviour and if yes, how?
> I'm usinf proftpd 1.3.0a under Linux.
>
> Groeten,
>
> Hans.
>
> jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl
>
> --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/070213
> * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.