From: proftp-user-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailtoroftp-user-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Ed Wilts
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:32 PM
To: proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Proftpd-user] Solaris 8 and Proftp

-
> SUN or Proftpd developers ?

The usual way to find out who did something wrong is to look at the
solution. In this case, Sun had to issue a kernel patch so they were
obviously in the wrong. If the kernel was correct but ProFTPd had a
bug, the patch would have had to come from the ProFTPd developers.
ProFTPd didn't have the issue - it just triggered the Solaris kernel
bug.

This simply stresses the requirement to be current on your patches - for

both the operating system and your applications.

.../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@ewilts.org