Hello

I am just curious in opinion about one incident we had recently. Our
Solaris 8 server started to crash occasionally. SUN support said, that
we hit this bug:

6476945 System unable to reboot properly after proftp ftp session.

According their statement sometimes when proftpd exits (calls exit() )
it crashes whole SUN box. This bug also depends on the combination of
which version of proftpd and which kernel patch level is used.

A fix is available as patch 117350-45 since January 11th.

So my question is if people are aware about it and is it a proftpd a
problem because of some bad(?) coding?

I am just interested in opinion about third party software reliability
while running on SUN box and who in reality this time did wrong coding -
SUN or Proftpd developers ?

Thanks for your comments.

With best regards
Martynas