Dixit, Viraj wrote:
> Can someone help with this error message. I have checked I do not have
> NFS running by using "nfs status". I need FTP running soon. Any ideas
> on this error.
>

>>- mod_delay/0.5warning: unable to obtain write lock on DelayTable
>>'/usr/local/var/proftpd/proftpd.delay': Invalid argument

> VJ

Just for your information, a mailing list is an asynchronous system. So,
you'll need to wait sometimes more than 1 day to have an answer...
Sending many times the same mail will not help having a quick answer !!!

A way to have an answer could be to answer the question that someone ask
to you :
TJ ask you :
> >[root@city-6 /etc]# /usr/local/sbin/proftpd city-6.city.palo-alto.ca.us

> What is this command-line argument? If it's supposed to be a
> configuration file, you need to use the -c option...

Perhaps could you answer...

And for your question about a uninstall option for proftpd, it doesn't
depend on proftpd but on what Linux distrib you're using and how you
installed it...

Alex