--===============0648448927==

Hello guys,

plz give me a hint,

i'm running proftpd 1.3 in mixed language enviroment,
with samba over CIFS i am able to copy files with arabic characters to
my system, though samba needs a lot of cpu power for filename conversion.

When I have a look at the files over FTP (filezilla / windows) I only
see strange looking characters.

On the windows site, the original files are shown correctly, but on the
remote site (red hat linux) either the files (copied with samba with
UTF8) come up with strange symbols / characters.

Upload of these files fail. And downloading them is also of limited use,
as the filenames come up like this on the windows site:
"001 الفات*ة.mp3"

Any hints? I thought both Windows XP and my Red Hat are UTF-8 both.

With best regards,

Jan Kellerhoff