--===============2143796330==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C71D34.98BB78C0

=20
Good Morning,
=20
We are using ProFTPD Version 1.2.10rc1 and have recently moved one of
our commercially hosted ftp sites to our existing ProFTPD site by
creating a VirtualHost on our ftp site and incorportaing their
proftpd.conf file into our proftpd.conf file. =20
=20
Linux customers are reporting that they cannot get files - No such file
or directory. We are able to reproduce the problem on Solaris and
Linux clients but Windows clients are able to get files with no problem.
=20
Following is the VirtualHost config info:
=20

ServerName "FTP server
ServerIdent On "Anonymous FTP Server"
DisplayConnect /ftp/banner
DebugLevel 9
=20
Port 21
=20
# Disable ReverseDNS and IdentLookup to avoid long connection time.
# Possibly due to reverse DNS problem with new IP address(?)
# mmh 1-May-03
IdentLookups off
=20
# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.
User nobody
Group nogroup
=20

# Limits the connections per client machine
MaxClientsPerHost 3
=20
TimeoutStalled 300
=20
DisplayLogin /usr/proftpd/etc/welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir .message
=20
AuthPAM off
=20
TransferLog /var/log/ftp.xferlog
AllowOverwrite on
=20

=20
MaxClients 16 "Too many users now -- please try
again later."
=20
User ftp
Group template
=20
UserAlias anonymous ftp
=20
AllowRetrieveRestart on
=20

DenyAll

=20

AllowOverwrite off

DenyAll

AllowAll

=20

DenyAll

AllowAll

=20

DenyAll

AllowAll

=20

=20
The private directory is where the problem has been reported and if we
comment out
=20

DenyAll
=20
the Unix clients are able to get files.
=20
I have browsed the documentation, searched the archives and googled but
nothing is making sense to me regarding this problem. I have turned
debugging on and can send log files if needed.
=20
Can anybody help me understand what is going on????
=20
TIA
=20
Terry Russo
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc.
trusso@mc.com
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C71D34.98BB78C0

charset=3Dus-ascii">

class=3D650462312-11122006>Good=20
Morning,

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>We are=20
using ProFTPD Version 1.2.10rc1 and have recently moved one of =
our=20
commercially hosted ftp sites to our existing ProFTPD site by creating a =

VirtualHost on our ftp site and incorportaing their proftpd.conf file =
into our=20
proftpd.conf file.

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>Linux=20
customers are reporting that they cannot get files - No such file or=20
directory.    We are able to reproduce the problem on =
Solaris and=20
Linux clients but Windows clients are able to get files with no=20
problem.

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006> Following is the VirtualHost config=20
info:

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006><VirtualHost=20
XXX.XXX.XXX.XX>
ServerName      &nbsp=
;            =
  =20
"FTP server
ServerIdent On  "Anonymous FTP =
Server"
DisplayConnect=20
/ftp/banner
DebugLevel 9

class=3D650462312-11122006>Port       =
            &=
nbsp;       =20
21

class=3D650462312-11122006>#=20
Disable ReverseDNS and IdentLookup to avoid long connection time.
# =
Possibly=20
due to reverse DNS problem with new IP address(?)
# mmh=20
1-May-03
IdentLookups  off

class=3D650462312-11122006># Set=20
the user and group that the server normally runs=20
at.
User          &n=
bsp;           &nb=
sp;    =20
nobody
Group         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;    =20
nogroup

size=3D2>
size=3D+0>
face=3DArial color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>
size=3D2>
color=3D#000000 size=3D2># Limits the connections per client=20
machine
MaxClientsPerHost       &nb=
sp;      =20
3

size=3D2>TimeoutStalled        &n=
bsp;        =20
300

size=3D2>DisplayLogin        &nbs=
p;          =20
/usr/proftpd/etc/welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir    =
          =20
..message

AuthPAM =
off

size=3D2>TransferLog        &nbsp=
;           =20
/var/log/ class=3D650462312-11122006>ftp.xferlog
AllowOverwrite &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;   =20
on

<Anonymous =
/ftp>

 =20
MaxClients          &nb=
sp;        =20
16 "Too many users now -- please try again later."

 =20
User           &nb=
sp;           &nbs=
p; =20
ftp
 =20
Group           &n=
bsp;           &nb=
sp;=20
template

 =20
UserAlias          &nbs=
p;         =20
anonymous ftp

 =20
AllowRetrieveRestart        &nbsp=
;=20
on

  <Limit=20
WRITE>
    DenyAll
  =
</Limit>

  <Directory=20
incoming/*>
   =20
AllowOverwrite         &nbsp=
;   =20
off
    <Limit READ=20
DIRS>
      DenyAll
    =

</Limit>
    <Limit STOR MKD=20

      AllowAll
    =

</Limit>
  </Directory>

  <Directory=20
temporary/*>
    <Limit=20
DIRS>
      DenyAll
    =

</Limit>
    <Limit=20

      AllowAll
    =

</Limit>
  </Directory>

  <Directory=20
private/*>
    <Limit=20
DIRS>
      DenyAll
    =

</Limit>
    <Limit=20

      AllowAll
    =

</Limit>
  </Directory>

size=3D2></Anonymous>
</VirtualHost>

color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>The private directory is where the problem has been reported =
and if=20
we comment out

color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>

class=3D650462312-11122006>        =
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2><Limit =
DIRS>

class=3D650462312-11122006>        T=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>   =20
DenyAll

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>the=20
Unix clients are able to get files.

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>I have=20
browsed the documentation, searched the archives and googled but nothing =
is=20
making sense to me regarding this problem.  I have turned debugging =
on and=20
can send log files if needed.

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>Can=20
anybody help me understand what is going =
on????

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>TIA

class=3D650462312-11122006>

class=3D650462312-11122006>Terry=20
Russo

class=3D650462312-11122006>Mercury Computer Systems, =
Inc.

class=3D650462312-11122006> href=3D"mailto:trusso@mc.com">trusso@mc.com