On Thu, November 30, 2006 12:50 pm, TJ Saunders wrote:

>> Hello all. I am using Proftpd 1.2.10 on Solaris 9 4/04. When a file is
>> uploaded with spaces, the result in "xferlog.log" is an underscore (_).
>> But in "access.log", it results in what it should be, a space.
>>
>> I've tried upgrading to Proftpd 1.3.0 and ncurses 5.5 from 5.4. Still
>> the
>> same results. Any suggestions?

> This is not a bug, it's by design. The original xferlog format, as used
> by wu-ftpd and subsequently picked up by other FTP servers, translates
> spaces to underscores; proftpd is following expected convention.

Is there a way to change this? I see what ya mean, just tested a box with
wuftpd and same thing. But why would it change the the name in the log
file and not change the actual file name also? That's like the log file
is telling a lie. Doesn't make any sense to me. Now I'm at a loss how to
handle this. It's difficult when an underscore could be ether of 2
characters. Arrrgghhh.