--===============2033888845==

--=====================_138726609==.ALT

At 08:50 AM 11/17/2006, Du wrote:
>Hi, I have my server working well but some users of my LAN need to use a
>software that compare files by timestamp. But when it accesses the FTP
>folders, and list the files, it doesn't show the seconds of timestamp,
>just hours and minutes. Does anybody knows what can be it?

This is the normal and expected format for directory listings from
Unix servers. ProFTPD is doing the "right thing".

On directories and files that are recent (< 6 months old), the month,
day of month, hour and minutes value is shown. On older dirs/files,
only the month, day, and year are displayed. But the seconds value
is not shown in the listings returned from DIR or LS.

Please login to various FTP sites anonymously and compare their
listings, such as ftp.microsoft.com , ftp.kernel.org, or ftp.unicamp.br .

Software that wants to get timestamps with seconds values for files
can use the MDTM command. Try to find out if your software can use
MDTM commands to get a complete time value. This is the only good
way to get that.

Try logging into ftp.unicamp.br as anonymous and using the command
ftp> quote mdtm msg.welcome
213 20050711193034
While the directory listing only shows
-rw-r--r-- 1 FtpUser FtpGroup 302 Jul 11 2005 msg.welcome
drwxrwsr-x 8 FtpUser FtpGroup 1024 Nov 7 17:56 pub
the MDTM response shows the full time. The response you get back
from using MDTM on a file is the year, month, date, hour, minute and
seconds for the modification time of the file.

At 08:50 AM 11/17/2006, Du wrote:

[...]

..