Hi,

Why are you using Ports for the different Virtual Hosts? I am running
MULTIPLE Virtual Hosts on one IP and all goes through the same port.

By the way... When you go to the website address from outside your IP
range, does the websites open up fine without any problem?

If it does, I will still change it to something like this:

In the httpd.conf (or the /extra/vhosts file if you did that...) I will
create the Virtual Host like this:

ServerName www.myspace.com
DocumentRoot /home/www/myspace
CustomLog logs/www.myspace.com-access_log combined
ErrorLog logs/www.myspace.com-error_log

Note that it listens on all the IP's and on port 80 (as default). Now,
all the Virtual hosts you set up like above in apache.

To get the ftp.myspace.com to work, you will have to add it in your DNS
server (if you run your own DNS server) otherwise add the entry in your
DNS manager. When a virtual hosts is added without a ftp.myspace.com
entry, you will only be able to access the FTP site through
ftp://myspace.com. I hope that makes sense...

Then, in the proftpd.conf file, make sure the port is 21 (default) and
then add a directory as follow:

AllowAll

DenyALL
DenyUser download
AllowUser upload

I added some rights in the above as well if you want to have one site for
more than one user. OIne can upload and the other can only list and
download.

Make sure the directory where the website is in is owned by the user and
that the directory has write access to the user. If you want more users
with limited rights to only list and download in that directory, simply
create another user with the home directory to the owner user. I hope you
understand and I know I am going totally out of your query now. Maybe my
little tutorial will help... Hehe!

Let me know if you have any more problems and before you go on, make sure
proftpd is actually started...

Johan