--===============2011101524==

--0-2126497585-1161726425=:35928

Hi. I am setting up ProFTP for the first time. I am hosting several web sites, so I am using virtual hosts. Since I am using one IP address for all of my web sites, I am trying to set ProFTP up using ports. I have tried setting the virtual hosts up as follows:

ServerName "MyWebSite.com's FTP Server"
MaxClients 10
MaxLoginAttempts 5
DefaultRoot /var/www/mywebsite.com
Port 4000

ServerName "YourWebSite.com's FTP Server"
MaxClients 10
MaxLoginAttempts 5
DefaultRoot /var/www/yourwebsite.com
Port 4002

I modified iptables to allow tcp access through those ports (4000, 4001 and 4002, 4003) and then reloaded the config file. However, when I then try to FTP, I get the following messages: "Error reading response from server. Connection closed by remote host."

I don't understand. Are my virtual host directives incorrect? Or is there something else I need to do? I have followed instructions posted on the web and also in three different reference books, so I am a bit perplexed. Also, I do not have any anonymous FTP.

Thanks.

---------------------------------
--0-2126497585-1161726425=:35928

Hi.  I am setting up ProFTP for the first time.  I am hosting several web sites, so I am using virtual hosts.  Since I am using one IP address for all of my web sites, I am trying to set ProFTP up using ports.  I have tried setting the virtual hosts up as follows:

<VirtualHost ftp.mywebsite.com>
  ServerName                    "MyWebSite.com's FTP Server"
  MaxClients                   10
  MaxLoginAttempts              5
  DefaultRoot                   /var/www/mywebsite.com

Port                         4000
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost ftp.yourwebsite.com>
  ServerName                    "YourWebSite.com's FTP Server"
  MaxClients                   10
  MaxLoginAttempts              5
  DefaultRoot                   /var/www/yourwebsite.com
  Port                         4002
</VirtualHost>

modified iptables to allow tcp access through those ports (4000, 4001 and 4002, 4003) and then reloaded the config file.  However, when I then try to FTP, I get the following messages: "Error reading response from server. Connection closed by remote host."

I don't understand.  Are my virtual host directives incorrect?  Or is there something else I need to do?  I have followed instructions posted on the web and also in three different reference books, so I am a bit perplexed.  Also, I do not have any anonymous FTP.

Thanks.

Get your own
>web address for just $1.99/1st yr
. We'll help. >Yahoo! Small Business.