220 Main FTP server.
Name (ftpserver:root): casper
331 Password required for casper.
Password:
230 User casper logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> site quota
200-The current quota for this session are [current/limit]:
200-Name: ftp
200-Quota Type: Group
200-Per Session: False
200-Limit Type: Hard
200- Uploaded Mb: 0.00/1.14
200- Downloaded Mb: unlimited
200- Transferred Mb: unlimited
200- Uploaded files: unlimited
200- Downloaded files: unlimited
200- Transferred files: unlimited
200 Please contact root@ftpserver if these entries are inaccurate
ftp> by
221 Goodbye.

This produces normal entries in my /var/log/proftpd_quota.log

ss:~# ftp ftpserver 3521
Connected to ftpserver.
220 Incoming FTP server.
Name (ftpserver:root): casper
331 Password required for casper.
Password:
230 User casper logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> site quota
202 No quotas in effect
ftp> by
221 Goodbye.

This does not produces any entries in my /var/log/proftpd_quota.log

Config attached.

--
Покотиленко Костик

--=-cxqg68I3jdHLZHZxs4Rg

#
# /etc/proftpd.conf -- This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file.
# To really apply changes reload proftpd after modifications.
#

ServerName "Debian"
ServerType standalone
ServerIdent on "KW.dp.ua FTP server."
DeferWelcome off

MultilineRFC2228 on
DefaultServer off
ShowSymlinks on

TimeoutNoTransfer 600
TimeoutStalled 600
TimeoutIdle 1200

DisplayLogin welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir .message
ListOptions "-l"

DenyFilter \*.*/

QuotaEngine on

# Uncomment this if you are using NIS or LDAP to retrieve passwords:
#PersistentPasswd off

# Uncomment this if you would use TLS module:
#TLSEngine on

# Uncomment this if you would use quota module:
#Quotas on

# Uncomment this if you would use ratio module:
#Ratios on

# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port 21

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd)
MaxInstances 30

# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.
User nobody
Group nogroup

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
# (second parm) from being group and world writable.
Umask 022 022
# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
AllowOverwrite on

# Delay engine reduces impact of the so-called Timing Attack described in
# http://security.lss.hr/index.php?pag...LSS-2004-10-02
# It is on by default.
#DelayEngine off

# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories.

QuotaDisplayUnits Mb
QuotaLimitTable file:/etc/proftpd/ftpquota.limittab
QuotaTallyTable file:/etc/proftpd/ftpquota.tallytab
QuotaLog /var/log/proftpd_quota.log

# DefaultRoot ~ftp

User ftp
Group ftp

#
# # Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
# # (second parm) from being group and world writable.
# Umask 002 002
# GroupOwner ftp
#

ServerName "KW.dp.ua: public FTP server"
ServerIdent on "KW.dp.ua: public FTP server."
Port 3421
Umask 002

User ftp
Group ftp
# We want clients to be able to login with "anonymous" as well as "ftp"
UserAlias anonymous ftp
# Cosmetic changes, all files belongs to ftp user
DirFakeUser on ftp
DirFakeGroup on ftp

RequireValidShell off

# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
MaxClients 10

# We want 'welcome.msg' displayed at login, and '.message' displayed
# in each newly chdired directory.
DisplayLogin welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir .message

AllowAll

# Limit WRITE everywhere in the anonymous chroot

Umask 002 002

AllowAll

ServerName "KW.dp.ua: incoming FTP server"
ServerIdent on "KW.dp.ua: incoming FTP server."
Port 3521
Umask 002
QuotaEngine on

User ftp
Group ftp
# We want clients to be able to login with "anonymous" as well as "ftp"
UserAlias anonymous ftp
# Cosmetic changes, all files belongs to ftp user
DirFakeUser on ftp
DirFakeGroup on ftp

RequireValidShell off

# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
MaxClients 10

# We want 'welcome.msg' displayed at login, and '.message' displayed
# in each newly chdired directory.
DisplayLogin welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir .message

AllowAll

# Uncomment this if you're brave.

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
# (second parm) from being group and world writable.
Umask 002 002

AllowAll

DenyAll

AllowAll