--===============0011780235==

--=====================_36407265==.ALT

At 07:03 PM 9/10/2006, nix4me wrote:
>azurIt wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just to be clear, I never used MySQL auth into proftpd, so I don't know on
> >> which crypt method it is based...
> >>
> >> I just said using PASSWORD() function, based on AzurIt Post (09-09-2006 /
> >> 15:37)
> >>
> >> Perhaps is this method not working and was he meaning the crypt

> ones instead.
> >>
> >> Alex

> > hi,
> >
> > it is fully working, i'm useing it like that.
> >
> > azurIt
> >

>Could be an issue with my version of proftpd or mysql i am using maybe.
>I run Ubuntu with proftpd 1.2.10-27 and mysql 5.0.22. I am at a loss.
>Other than finding someone else with my exact specs or filling a bug
>against the OS, I don't know how to resolve. I will try it on my other
>Ubuntu machine and see what happens.
>
>I guess Crypt is better than nothing.
>
>Mark

Errrmmm, I kinda forgot to ask _which_ MySQL version you were
using. I know that special code had to be put into the mod_sql_mysql
module, to handle the new requirements of MySQL 4.x while at the same
time still handling MySQL 3.x. I have no knowledge whether the even!
better! MySQL 5.x is different yet again. The latest version I'll be
using is only MySQL 4.x, so I won't be able to test for you. There
are notes out there somewhere about 4.x -> 5.x migration workarounds,
but ... only when you have more time to burn? :-)