You said :

> I want to thank you for the great response. I have played with all of
> your suggestions and I understand the process much more now.
> I do have to say that using the PASSWORD() function is NOT working with
> SQLAuthtypes Backend. However, using Encrypt with SQLAuthtypes Crypt is
> working fine.
> No matter which way I try it, the PASSWORD() option is causing failed
> logins. But when i change to the Crypt method, its works perfectly. I
> tried the password() method both from the mysql prompt just like you
> posted and from phpmyadmin with the same results. I also tried the
> Crypt method both ways and it works fine.
> I will keep playing with it because from what I have read, the
> password() encryption is a little stronger than the crypt(3).
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?
> Mark

Just to be clear, I never used MySQL auth into proftpd, so I don't know on
which crypt method it is based...

I just said using PASSWORD() function, based on AzurIt Post (09-09-2006 /

Perhaps is this method not working and was he meaning the crypt ones instead.

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?