Hi,
I have proftpd-mysql working on my machine however I am a little
concerned. In the database, the password is entered and stored in clear
text. At first I did not care but now I am a little worried.

I have:
SQLAuthTypes Plaintext Crypt

in the config but I am not sure what this is doing.

I am also concerned that the username and password to enter the database
is pasted in cleartext in the proftpd.conf file.

Am I missing something here? This seems like a security nightmare
waiting to happen?

Thanks,
Mark