On 07.09.06 18:57, Thomas L. Shinnick wrote:
> I have been given two IPs to play with on a server and I wanted
> ProFTPD to run on only those two IPs (no grabbing every IP on the
> server). I also wanted to make the configuration read as clearly as
> possible, by putting the very different configurations for each site
> into separate sections. And so I wanted to use *only*
> two sections and omit/discard/disable the server context.
>
> I have found what works, but I can't see where it is mentioned
> (enabling use of only sections) except cumulatively and
> indirectly.
>
> What works is to specify both
> Port 0
> and
> SocketBindTight on
> in the "server context", as in the following abridged configuration:

We've been running proftpd with such configuration for years, because of the
same reason.

> I've seen mentions of SocketBindTight to avoid grabbing all IPs on a
> server. And I've seen mentions of "Port 0" to disable a particular
> section's IP use. Is the combination of these, to allow sole use of
> sections to define sites, documented explicitly
> somewhere that I've missed?

I don't think so. Maybe it's not bad idea to document this in FAQ or
Configuration guide, but afaik it's not there yes.

However when I was searching for such configuration, I've been asking on
this list about this issue, so the discussion should be in the list archives.

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".